South Street Energy Pty Ltd (ABN 62 157 916 099) (South Street Energy) understands the importance of protecting your privacy and guarding your personal information.
South Street Energy complies with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act) and the Australian Privacy Principles in the Privacy Act.
South Street Energy will collect and hold personal information about you if you are a prospective, current or past account holder, including your:
- Birth Date;
- Service Address;
- Mailing Address;
- Email Address(es);
- Telephone Number(s);
- Driver’s Licence and/or Passport Details;
- Pensioner and/or Concession Card Details;
- Life Support Details; and
- Bank Account and/or Credit Card Details.
While you are an account holder, South Street Energy will receive metering data about your use of electricity and water and South Street Energy will generate and hold information about your bills, payments, contacts and enquiries.
South Street Energy may also hold other personal information provided by you.
Where South Street Energy provides credit to you (that is, when you pay for products or services after we start providing them to you), we are a credit provider under the Privacy Act.
South Street Energy may collect and hold credit related information about you that is permitted under the Privacy Act including your:
- Credit History, such as payments, late payments, dishonoured payments and payment plans;
- Credit Scores provided by a credit reporting agency;
- Personal Insolvency Information; and
- Payment Default Information and details of Court Proceedings related to your indebtedness to South Street Energy or other parties.
South Street Energy reserves the right to conduct credit checks or otherwise assess your creditworthiness at anytime before or while you have an account or unpaid debt.
In most cases personal information will be collected directly from you when you complete an Account Registration Form and in other communications we have with you, whether by email, online, post, phone or in person.
South Street Energy may also collect your personal information from third parties including additional account holders, Owners Corporation, authorised representative, agents or third parties whom we have business relationships, other energy retailers, your energy distributor, credit reporting bodies and credit providers.
You can ask South Street Energy to correct or update the personal information we hold about you at any time.
South Street Energy collects your personal information to confirm your identity when creating and managing your account, receiving payments, resolving your enquiries, manage credit arrangements and payment plans and recover unpaid debts.
Information Security & Disclosure
South Street Energy holds your personal information securely and confidentially, taking all reasonable steps to ensure information is protected from misuse, interference and loss, and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure, but we may disclose your personal information to the following parties:
- financial institutions to process your payments;
- Government and/or Regulatory Authorities as required by Australian Law;
- our legal practitioners if seeking legal advice about you;
- financial and banking institutions id providing payment services;
- credit reference and reporting organisations if seeking a credit score or credit check about you;
- a debt collection agent if providing credit management and/or debt collection services, including recovering unpaid moneys from you;
- a company or organisation to whom we assign your debt;
- the owner or operator of your embedded network for which South Street Energy acts as an agent;
- to the company or organisation responsible for metering your domicile; and
- service providers who have been contracted to provide administrative, auditing and
South Street Energy may, from time to time, use your personal information, including your name, telephone number, address and email address in order to inform you of products or services that may be of interest to you.
You may opt-out of receiving direct marketing communications from us at any time by contacting us directly or using the unsubscribe function contained in the marketing communication to you.
Your Access to Your Personal Information
You may ask South Street Energy to access the personal information held by us and South Street Energy will respond to your request within 30 calendar days, subject to any exemptions under law and provided that we are able to identify you.
South Street Energy may charge for our reasonable costs incurred in giving access to the information.
If South Street Energy denies access to any part of the personal information that is requested, we will notify you of our reasons in writing.
If you are not satisfied with our response, then you may lodge a formal complaint with the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (www.oaic.gov.au).